Saturday, June 20, 2009

WORK

Despite all the travel that I'm doing I am actually here to work. I'm working in the Political Section and they are one of the more "intense" sections of the embassy...meaning they always work and never talk. What fun. Unlike the Hill, I don't feel like I'm getting to do anything ground-breaking or exciting or independent, but I'm hoping that this is just bad intern luck and not indicative of my future...remember I owe the U.S. Government 3 years of my life after graduation. I'm thinking at this rate to just be happy, do a consular tour, pick a great location, and call it a day. The consular section is one of the more social areas of the embassy and they work from 8 and leave promptly at 5. I like that. Especially when you consider that I left work at 7:30 one night. No. I mean maybe I'm not cut out for work in general, I think I'm too rebellious, maybe I should start my own business or something. Everyone I work with pretty much keeps to themselves...until they want me to do something...and most of the time that something is something that insults my $60,000 (and counting) GWU education and debt. Oh well, I pass my days being their monkey and wondering how quickly three years can actually pass so that I can start my life an my family...for real.

No comments:

Post a Comment