Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Calm Before the Storm

Number crunching. Nail biting. Packing and Repacking. Packing and Unpacking. These are all of the signs of pre-travel anxiety, excitement, and eagerness for the adventure that lies ahead. I plan on chronicling my travels, adventures, and experiences in Argentina. Even though I'll be working...I plan on travelling and eating a lot, hence the blog that will sometimes be singular words, videos, pictures, whatever...the important thing is that you'll get the point.

So, tomorrow my flight leaves at 5:34pm from Columbia, then to Atlanta, then off to the mystery that continues to be Buenos Aires. I have a few days to kill before work so I plan on taking care of the logisitics: buying a drink, map, food, and confidence...thats's what the drink was for. On Friday I plan on doing a walking tour of the city, buying an Argentine cellular device, and taking some photos...maybe even figuring out my trip to Iguazu Falls.

Yes, Igazu Falls. Will be my first solo adventure on my first long weekend. I plan on bussing up and flying back, as with my trip to Mendoza as that saves me money and time. Its a comprimise, plus in Latin America you can buy one way flights that are literally half the fare of the normal fare. Smart huh?


Fears: Despite the awesomeness of this adventure there are some il(logical) fears that I have that include:
Being mistaken for a Brazilian and having people speak Portuguese that I can't respond to very well to them, not being able to run because of the cold, ordering some random beef part instead of steak, getting lost on the subte, getting bitten by some mystery bug in the Amazon, and the list goes on.

Excitement: Being in Buenos Aires so I get a European vacation and a Latin American adventure rolled into one, which guarentees absurdity, good food, and a good story to tell you all when I get back. See you in 3 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment