Friday, May 29, 2009

The most amazing 20 pesos I have spent yet...

I spent 13 pesos on fruits and vegetables...this gringa needs her healthy food. Let me break this down for you. For 13 glorious pesos I purchased:
1 Pear
1 Tomato
1 Avocado
1 Tangarine
1 Lemon
3 bananas
Let me take it further. Today, according to xe.com, 13 Pesos is equal to 3.47. For a paltry 3 dollars I am in verdura paradise, in fact as I type this entry I am kicking myself for not buying a few more pears, I've already devoured this one...the lady did tell me they were muy rica, always listen when they tell you something is muy rica, they're right.

As for the other 7 pesos, I bought a Mini Guia. Now for all you extranjeros, a Mini Guia is my savior, it is my primitive GPS system for Buenos Aires and each of its suburbs...it is my Argentine Anado (related to my American Anado...thats my GPS for those lost right now). Anyhow, in this tiny pocket sized booklet are maps, metro lines and schedules, train routes and schedules, Colectivo (thats what they call the bus here) schedules and routes. I'm not focused on the schedules because everything is late here. I care about the routes. Since Thursday I've felt like they dropped me off in the middle of no where, which is kind of true. With my amazing mini Guia I have achieved emancipation, when I feel like leaving the house that is.

So there, these have been my most prized 20 pesos spent so far and that was the best pear I've ever eaten. Hands down.

1 comment:

  1. OK, so mad that you are eating so well for so little :( BOO US economy!
    Anyway, the produce we have here isn't even as "good" and tasty as what you get on the motherlands!

    I am jealous!
    Love you and eat some yummies for me!

    ReplyDelete