Friday, May 29, 2009

Day One, or two,,,depending on how you look at it.

So this is my second day in Argentina and I have yet to meander out of my nice, quaint, quiet suburb but that will soon change. But first a little update.

Yesterday I arrived at this house that would go for a fortune in the U.S. and is super upper class by Latin American standards. We have 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a maid room, a guest house, a pool, and heated floors so the house is always warm, a rarity in Southern Cone winters. But what did I do...you guess it take a nap. A glorious nap. Then I hijacked some glorious internet, and decided hey, maybe I should eat. So I went to Carrefour. 177 pesos later I only had a handful of items and was confused as to how people around me were spending a mere 40 and 50 pesos, I must learn their secret. I made an Argentine-esque dinner at home of milanesa, pasta, and some kick ass pasta sauce and called it a day with an amazing $3 bottle of Malbec by my side. Yeah, be jealous...that wine was delicious.


Today, I had all intentions of waking up early and heading off for a run then seizing the day and that kind of happened. I woke late (my phone was on silent, so the alarm didn't go off) and was almost deterred to run, but the fact that I've done nothing but eat here lately motivated me to strap on the ipod and put on the running tights. I'm glad I did. On my run, aside from an in traffic marriage proposal, I found the train station, Santa Fe Avenue, which has all the buses, a fruit and veggie stand, and for the bad days that will inevitably come...a chocolatier. So my run paid off and I burned a few calories.

I have the following goals for today/the weekend, I'll keep you posted on their attainment:
1. Buy juice, fruits, and veggies
2. Buy a cellular
3. Find the water front
4. Venture to the microcenter
5. Make a decent dinner under 20 pesos
6. Maybe go to the movies, I'm still so tired from my flight

Next week I think I'll go to Uruguay on Saturday...its like a 50 minute bus ride. Insanity.

Miss you Kiss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment